- The Laboratory performs diagnostic activity by detection, isolation of IAV-S from outbreaks of respiratory diseases in pig farms
- Multiplex RT-PCR is performed for typing IAV-S subtypes
- Antigenic characterization by haemoagglutination inhibition test is performed.
- The Laboratory provides serological tests by haemoagglutination inhibition test
- Sequences of all genes of swine influenza isolates are produced by Next Generation Sequencing and genetic studies are performed to update the epidemiology of swine influenza viruses in reared pigs
- Epidemiological studies are conducted also on wild boar population
- Capability of experimental trials (i.e. for hyper immune sera production) in BL3 confinement animal facilities. In the laboratories and animal facilities of IZSLER the rules and provisions given in the chapter 1.1.3.”Biosafety and biosecurity: standard for managing biological risk in the veterinary laboratory and animal facilities” of the “OIE Manual of Diagnostic Tests and Vaccines for Terrestrial Animals” are applied.
- IZSLER uses a Management Quality Control System for its services which are based on the international UNI CEI EN ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation of testing and calibration laboratories.
- IZSLER is enrolled on the register of the ACCREDIA as n. 0148 and includes 17 locations and more than 1150 accredited trials. Accredia is the national organization for the accreditation of testing and calibration laboratories, recognized internationally by ILAC-MRA.
Different diagnostic methods are used.[link]